- 12-Jan-2017 to 31-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Niagara on the Lake, ON, CAN
We are currently seeking three (3) Gardener/Landscapers to assist the Horticulturist in maintaining our properties in Niagara on the Lake. One position starts May 1st through to September 4th and two positions start April 1st through to November 30th (dates are approximate). The successful candidate will be responsible for lawn and garden maintenance and overall outdoor maintenance at all properties (Peller Estates Winery, Trius Winery and Wayne Gretzky Estates Winery & Distillery) including preparations for special winery events.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Spring cleaning, including preparing beds and containers for planting
- Maintaining clean and pristine properties
- Planting and maintaining flower beds, containers and gardens, as well as tree maintenance
- Planting and maintaining an herb and vegetable garden for the Peller kitchen
- Grass cutting and maintenance of all lawns
- Using and maintaining commercial equipment such as Zero turn mower, trimmers, hedge trimmer, blowers, and rototiller
- Some hardscaping upkeep and small installations
- Assisting with irrigation maintenance
- Other duties as assigned by Horticulturist
- Follows safe work procedures/practices; reports any unsafe working conditions/hazards to assigned Manager on Duty.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Landscape, grounds maintenance experience and/or education (or enrolled in program)
- Knowledge of irrigation systems an asset
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in the elements and lift 40 lbs on a regular basis
- Excellent communication skills, excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to take direction and accomplish a work day in an efficient manner ... work efficiently both with the team or independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load on a daily basis to meet established deadlines
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.