- 14-Feb-2017 to 28-Feb-2017 (PST)
- Toronto, ON, CAN
- Full Time
The Small Winemakers Collection Inc. is one of Ontario's leading wine importing agencies focusing on sales to licensees through the LCBO's Consignment Warehouse Programs, VQA wines through Andrew Peller, as well as retail sales through the LCBO's retail system. From humble beginnings in 1991, the agency has evolved in response to the growing interest within the licensee community and private purchasers, for an ever more diverse selection of wines from around the world. The agency provides everything from readily accessible entry level wines to world renowned iconic brands. For more information visit our website at: www.smallwinemakers.ca.
We are currently searching for motivated sales professional to join our Small Winemakers Collection sales team. Compensation for this role is commission based; with a transitional base salary component being offered for the initial two years (only) while the successful candidate establishes territory positioning. This position requires some flexibility outside of normal business hours in response to customer needs.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Maintaining and increasing case sales in existing licensee accounts
- Prospecting for new licensee accounts
- Collection of accounts receivable
- Providing well-informed, professional, responsive and innovative service to customers; including assisting clients with tastings, dinners and attending trade events
- Development of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual schedules and sales plans
- Participation in regular meetings where individual and corporate performance is reviewed
- Promoting a health & safety culture by ensuring a safe and healthy work environment through effective operation of the Health and Safety program, joint H&S committee (if applicable) and compliance with EH&S regulations
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- University Bachelor of Arts or Science or College Diploma; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated selling skills; alcohol beverage and/or food & beverage management experience an asset
- Exemplary customer service skills; including communication, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint experience
- Wine experience and knowledge essential; WSET or CAPS certification an asset
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.