- 02-Mar-2017 to 26-May-2017 (PST)
- Niagara on the Lake, ON, CAN
Harvest Positions Available at
Trius Winery in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
Trius Winery is looking to hire diverse, top quality harvest staff for the upcoming 2017 Harvest season (late-August November). The selected harvest team will work at two different production facilities (Niagara-on-the-Lake and Beamsville Bench sub appellation) which process approximately 3,000 tonnes combined. There is the opportunity to work with a number of grape varieties and make a large range of wine styles. We produce a range of table wines including Riesling, Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Gamay, Merlot, Cab Franc and Cab Sauv. Successful candidates will get the opportunity to work within various areas of the winery including the crush pad, cellars, and our extensive barrel cellar.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer an excellent, challenging and rewarding harvest experience.
Job responsibilities include:
- Grape receiving, crushing, pressing, racking, pumice-transfers, juice and must additions, inoculations, punch downs, pump-overs, barrel prep/filling, sanitation, and general winery operations.
- Assisting where needed during busy harvest season; some long hours required
- Following safe work procedures/practices; reports any unsafe working conditions/hazards to assigned Manager on Duty
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 2 harvests - winery experience, vocational diploma in winemaking or related degree an asset.
- Must be available for the entire harvest season (i.e. contract period).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load on a daily basis.
- Communicate effectively and work safely with co-workers.
- Understand the basics of premium wine production & wine analyses.
- Substantial attention to detail required.
- Must have Canadian citizenship/residency or a valid Canadian work permit
- Ability to lift in excess of 22 kg on a regular basis.
- Ability to work shift work including evenings and weekends.
Please note: Accommodation and transportation are not provided, however, we will assist in coordinating with other international applicants. We are not able to assist in Visa procurement; we advise that interested international applicants start the Visa application process as soon as possible.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy", internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.