- 04-Mar-2017 to 24-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Niagara on the Lake, ON, CAN
- Full Time
We are currently seeking a regular full time Retail Supervisor Wine/Whisky Experience to support the Retail Management team with a focus on supporting the development and execution of programming, training and materials which will deliver 'best-in-class' brand experience for all guests and staff at Andrew Peller Limited's newest property, Wayne Gretzky Estates Winery and Distillery ("Gretzky"). The successful candidate must be self-motivated, team oriented and comfortable frequently assuming the role of Manager on Duty ('MOD'). There will be a requirement to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends to support tours/experiences/functions/events when necessary.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Assisting in the development and execution of Gretzky wine/whisky guest experiences and proactively making suggestions to amend experience programming on an ongoing basis.
- Facilitating guided tour and tasting experiences for property guests and hosting VIP experiences for internal stakeholders and external media and influencers when / where necessary.
- Assisting with processing guest sales (via POS system) and with Guest Relations bookings/reservations (via internal reservations systems) when required.
- Assisting retail management team with:
- MOD responsibilities; including opening and closing duties/responsibilities; attending daily Functions meetings, supervising/delegating Functions, providing coaching and leadership to retail team, responding effectively to guest requests/complaints
- driving daily sales targets for wine/spirit and Wine Club sales
- general retail/tour/experience clerical duties
- Ensuring successful execution of "The Whisky Bar", outdoor Patio programming. Including proper scheduling, inventory management, POS operations, and menu updates.
- Ensuring DayForce/payroll is up to date and accurate for retail team members and providing payroll with required information for processing (including new hire information and notification of end of employment)
- Retail team member onboarding (including seasonal tour and guest experience program training)
- Achieving/exceeding assigned Wine Club membership targets
- Ensuring a Safe and Healthy Work Environment through the effective operation of the Health and Safety program and Joint Health and Safety Committee and ensure compliance with government regulations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- WSET or ISG/CAPS certification.
- University/College graduate, preferably from a Business/Marketing or Hospitality/Tourism Management program.
- 1 2 years retail supervisory/MOD experience, preferably in a Hospitality/Tourism or luxury retail environment.
- Whisky product knowledge a definite asset.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proven ability to positively lead, influence and establish good working relationships.
- Strives in a team environment but can also work effectively independently.
- Ability to successfully manage a variety of changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends when required.
We will be completing an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy", internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.