- 04-Mar-2017 to 24-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Niagara on the Lake, ON, CAN
The new Wayne Gretzky Estates Winery & Distillery in the heart of Niagara-on-the-Lake will open to the public in the spring of 2017. Nestled among the vineyards, the distillery will be home to state of the art distilling equipment, while the winery will feature a beautiful barrel fermenting and aging cellar and tasting room. The 23,000 square foot facility is the first of its kind in the region, featuring both wine and distilling production and tasting rooms. The springtime water feature that guests will see when the property opens will become an ice rink in winter, complete with a 'loonie' buried at centre ice, dropped by The Great One himself at the groundbreaking ceremony in September, 2015.
We are hiring Bar Servers who will be responsible for creating memorable guest experiences at the Whisky Bar and Patio.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Executing best in class cocktail recipes designed to maximize guest engagement in accordance with company standards (including preparation of high quality cocktail garnishes).
- Achieves/exceeds assigned Wine Club membership targets.
- Assists with processing guest sales (via POS system) and with Guest Relations bookings/reservations (via internal reservations systems) when required.
- Understands and adheres to inventory control procedures (receiving, ordering, promotions, stocking, experience write-offs); participates in monthly inventory process.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and safety of the Whisky bar/ store product/tour route/experience locations at all times.
- Follows safe work procedures/practices (including Smart Serve Best Practices); reports any unsafe working conditions/hazards to assigned Manager on Duty.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Bartender/Mixologist.
- Post-secondary bartending and mixology education an asset.
- Smart Serve Certification.
- Guest/Customer service excellence focused.
- Experience working with computer based point of sale systems and handling cash.
- Ability to lift 40lbs on a regular basis.
- First Aid certification an asset.
- Ability to work varied shifts including days, evenings, and weekends.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy", internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.