- 08-Apr-2017 to 28-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Niagara on the Lake, ON, CAN
The Retail/Experience Porter is responsible for all set up and tear down activities for the retail/experience teams to ensure well prepared venues that serve to create memorable guest experiences. This role also supports the retail/experience team members in all property activities including but not limited to Guest Relations.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Ensuring all guest venues are set up in accordance with tour/experience specific standards and completes safe and efficient tear down when tours/experiences are completed.
- Achieving/exceeding assigned Wine Club membership targets.
- Focusing effort to contribute to wine and wine club sales by demonstrating service excellence to guests and internal stakeholders via a solid understanding of:
- property wines / property spirits / accessories / experiences / Wine Club membership benefits / events
- daily / group function sheets
- private bookings
- Assisting retail/experience team by processing guest sales (via POS system) and Guest Relations bookings/reservations (via internal reservations systems).
- Understanding and adhering to retail inventory control procedures (receiving, ordering, promotions, stocking, experience write-offs); participates in monthly retail inventory process.
- Following safe work procedures/practices; reports any unsafe working conditions/hazards to assigned Manager on Duty.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Demonstrates Guest/Customer service excellence focus.
- Smart Serve Certification.
- Post-secondary wine /spirits education an asset.
- Experience working with computer based point of sale systems and handling cash an asset.
- Team Player with the balanced ability to take initiative and work independently when required.
- Ability to work varied shifts including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to lift approx. 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Reliable transportation to Niagara on the Lake.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy", internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.