- 12-Apr-2017 to 26-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Beamsville, ON, CAN
- Part Time
We are currently seeking an experienced Retail Supervisor with a customer service focus, to provide first level support to the Estate Manager. The successful candidate will provide leadership to the Retail team including training, monitoring and providing direction. The Retail Supervisor also focuses on creating memorable guest experiences and is responsible for performing all selling (including Wine Club memberships) and retailing functions within the retail boutique during guest experiences, and when providing Guest Relations functions/services.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Manager on Duty ("MOD") responsibilities; including opening and closing duties/responsibilities; supervising/delegating functions, providing coaching and leadership to retail team, responding effectively to guest requests/complaints.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all team members and ensuring work environment aligns with Company Respect in the Workplace Policy.
- Assisting with processing guest sales and with Guest Relations bookings/reservations when required.
- Driving daily sales targets for wine and Wine Club sales.
- General retail/tour/experience clerical duties including daily monitoring of booked guest experiences, inputting daily/weekly sales data as directed, completing bank deposits, retrieving mail from post office.
- Scheduling, inventory management, POS operations, vouchering administration.
- Ensuring Dayforce/payroll is up to date and accurate for retail team members.
- Retail team member onboarding (including seasonal tour and guest experience program training).
- Facilitating guided tour and tasting experiences and leading VIP experiences when / where necessary.
- Maximizing revenues per guest transaction (including up-selling) via a solid understanding of:
- property wines / accessories / experiences / Wine Club membership benefits / events
- all Estate Wine Group properties and Andrew Peller Limited Wine Shop locations
- Following safe work procedures/practices; reports any unsafe working conditions/hazards to Estate Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- 1-2 years retail supervisory/MOD experience preferably in a Hospitality/Tourism or luxury retail environment
- University/College graduate preferably from Business/Marketing or Hospitality/Tourism Management program
- Smart Serve certification
- WSET or ISG/CAPS or CMS certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Proven people leadership, coaching, listening, communication, supervision, teamwork, time management and organizational skills
- First Aid certification an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to organize and time manage.
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy"; internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.